Call for Papers for Issue 17 (2022)
Call For Papers for issue 17 (2022)
The AALITRA Review publishes a variety of high-quality material concerned with literary translation, and translations of literary texts from other languages into English with a critical introduction and commentary by the translator. It aims to foster a community of literary translators.
All submissions are subject to anonymous peer review.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- scholarly articles on aspects of literary translation (both fictional and non-fictional, practical and theoretical)
- original translations* into English of literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
- original translations* of Australian literary texts into LOTE accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
- interviews with established translators or Translation Studies scholars on aspects of their work
- book reviews of major Translation Studies publications
- book reviews of literary translations into English, or of Australian writing into other languages
*Please note that ‘original translation’ means a text or translation that has never been accessible in the public domain (e.g. blogs, social media, self-publishing, Academia.com, etc.).
Link to current issue: https://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/ojs/index.php/AALITRA
Submissions for issue 17 (2022), which must be prepared according to the Guidelines for Contributors, should be made through the online submission portal by 20 May 2022:
Submissions received after 20 May will be considered for Issue 18.