About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The AALITRA Review is an peer-reviewed online journal published by The Australian Association for Literary Translation (AALITRA), which was launched in March 2010. The editor is Leah Gerber.
The AALITRA Review aims to publish high quality material concerned with literary translation, as well as translations of literary texts from other languages into English, or vice versa. It hopes to foster a community of literary translators and to be a forum for lively debate concerning issues related to the translation of literary texts.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- articles on aspects of translation (both practical and theoretical)
- original translations of poetry and prose
- interviews with established translators on aspects of their practice
- book reviews of translations and texts about translation.
Peer Review Process
Reviewers are asked to judge submissions by the following criteria:
- Significance of the article
- Appropriateness for the journal
- Quality of research/translation
Reviews are expected to be completed within 6 weeks. See "Review Forms" for more information.
All contributions to the journal will be published collectively in one issue per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.