Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Commissioned WorksFor non-peer-reviewed works commissed be the managing editors or associate editors.
Special IssueA section specifically for our special issues (necessary, for example, when published alongside general issues i.e. the Death and the Maiden double issue).
Creative (without ERA statement)
In order for creative outputs (non tradional research outcomes/NTROs) to be considered as part of an academic's research portfolio, Australian contributors are required to complete an ERA statement.
Those works that do not need to meet this criteria, but are considered as necessary and vital contributions to ongoing conversations across and with academic institutions and indidvidual creative practitioners are included here.
Creative (with ERA statement)
In order for creative outputs (non tradional research outcomes/NTROs) to be considered as part of an academic's research portfolio, Australian contributors are required to complete an ERA statement. For examples of ERA statements please see:
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. I grant La Trobe University the right of first publication of the Article in any form associated with the publication in Writing from Below.
2. I grant La Trobe University a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide non-exclusive licence to reproduce or communicate the Article in any form associated with the reproduction or communication of Writing from Below.
3. I agree that La Trobe University has the right to sub-license the Article under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs3.0)
4. I warrant to La Trobe University that the Article:
- contains no violation of any existing copyright of any person;
- does not contain any material of a libellous nature or unlawful matter; and
- makes no improper invasion on the privacy of another person.
5. Should I as the author wish to grant a non-exclusive licence to a third party to publish, reproduce and communicate the Article at a later stage, I shall ensure that there is an acknowledgement that the Article was first published in Writing from Below by La Trobe University.